Peter Wilder will again be speaking at Ecobuild this year on the subject of flooding and sustainable drainage. With unprecedented flooding in 2015 and continuing unpredictability in UK weather, what role will landscape play in a passive approach to flood protection of new and existing homes? The team from Wilder Associates will be on hand to answer questions about development in and close to flood zones so if you have a difficult site come along with your questions.
15.00-16.00 – the Flooding Debate
“Learning from them winter floods – again”
– Should annual flooding now be an accepted part of the UK winter weather cycle?
– What can infrastructure professionals do to learn from this year’s flooding?
– What should the government be doing?
– Are there technical solutions – to prevent and so mitigate flooding?
– How can residents living in flood plains do today to protect their property?
The panel will address these questions drawing on their experiences from the past and present projects to challenge the Fringe audience to think harder about how they will approach projects of the future.
Fola Ogunyoye, Royal Haskoning/DHV
Paul Shaffer – CIRIA
David Wilkes, Arup
Peter Wilder, Peter Wilder Associates